Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend



Our 4th of July was spent at the fair. That night we wathed the "bombs bursting in air" from our roof top as the local radio station blared patriotic anthems.

The highlight of our weekend was our ride through the mountains to the ocean. This was our first long-distance Harley ride. Randy has a 2007 Night Train in puter denim. We rode with some couples from our ward. We had a lot of fun.

We started about 9:30 am and didn't get home until about 6:00 pm. We headed out to the oven...we call the desert. From there we climbed up to Julian and had some spectacular mountain vistas. The thermal-clines in the transition from desert to mountain were wicked! We ate lunch in Julian...with all of the other bikers...he he he...me a biker chick! LOL!!!

The drop back into the valley was great. Only a few bugs in my teethy grill! I jammed with my I-pod and held my arms out like I was flying. Randy loved the open stretches where he could hold the throtle.

Our companions were dressed in black Harley duds...bandanas over the hair... big ole sun glasses and flamming boots as we walked to the beach in Encanitas. It was quite humorous. As a group we must have looked so out of place.

I loved the ride down the coast. The air was cool and salty...my hair was flying behind me...the marine layer loomed over the ocean...the sun was getting lower in the sky...I wasn't driving...my music was playing... we had no where we had to go...no where we had to be...and all the time in the world to get there. I felt free! What better feeling than freedom on 4th of July weekend?

5 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

What a writer! I felt like I was there. Thanks for sharing! (Especially the bugs in the teeth.) Miss you already!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I am so glad you had such a fun trip. I can definitly see you as a biker chick!

Diana said...

What's up with the Ute shirt? You can only be a cougar fan if you come from the Larsen family. Looks like you guys had an awesome 4th of July weekend.

Tigress said...

I'm so jealous!
I made my blog: tigressandthepack

Tigress said...

Oh and this is Jessica Martin!